You must have a Foundation Level Certificate in order to sit for the ISTQB Advanced Level exam. The ISTQB also advises gaining practical experience before the exam.
In order to expand knowledge and awareness and, more significantly, to use what has been learned to improve the standard of daily work, which will finally result in positive career progression, advanced level study and certification are required.
Under the banner of CTAL, there are three distinct exam and certification modules (Certified Tester Advanced Level)
- Test Analyst
- Test Manager
- Technical Test Analyst
The enrollment process is the same as for the foundation level, and you must upload the three documents listed below.
- Foundational level grade sheet
- Experience certificate and
- Educational certificate.
You must deliver hard copies of the DD and documentation after enrolling yourself and uploading your documents. Each nation may have a slightly different payment procedure. After enrolling, you will receive mail containing the specifics as well as information about the DD that is described on the website. As soon as the DD is received, you will receive a confirmation in the mail.
ISTQB Exam Fees
- Fee for the ISTQB Foundation Level exam: $229 US
- Test Manager, Test Analyst, Technical Test Analyst, Test Automation Engineer, Security Testing, and Agile Technical Testing ISTQB Advanced Level test fees: US $249 each
- US $575 for the ISTQB Expert Level exam.
CTAL Exam Pattern
- The first step is to familiarise yourself with the data from the ISTQB pages: https://www.istqb.org/
- It will give you some helpful information on the exam form and outline best practises for passing.
- The table below lists the amount of questions and exam duration for each module.
To pass the Advanced Level exam, you must receive at least a 65%. Depending on the complexity of the question, you can receive 1, 2, or 3 points.
Each query is categorised based on its cognitive level, or K-level (also known as level of knowledge).
The three K-levels covered by the Advanced examinations are Understand (K2), Apply (K3), and Analyze (K4). Just plain paper and straightforward non-programmable calculators are permitted during the exam.
Your knowledge of the whole field of software testing in the Foundation and Advance level curricula will be tested in the ISTQB Advance Level exam. When you begin to study for the ISTQB Test Manager, your mindset should be that of a manager. You should learn and think from the manager’s point of view, or, to put it another way, put yourself in the manager’s position. The same holds true for technical test analysts and test analysts.
Review fundamental concepts from ISTQB Exam Study Material.
K (Knowledge) Levels and Corresponding Difficulty Levels
The four separate K-levels (K1 to K4) covered by the advanced level are identified by the level of comprehension being tested rather than the difficulty of the questions.
- K1 (Remember) = Recall and understand a word or notion.
- K2 (Understand) = Choose a justification for a claim linked to the subject of the question.
- K3 (Apply) = Choose the best way to use a concept or approach in a particular situation.
- K4 (Analyze) = To gain a deeper knowledge, a candidate must be able to divide information about a method or approach into its component elements and tell fact from inference.
All topics covered in the ISTQB Advanced Level syllabus are testable at a K1 level for the Test Analyst, Technical Test Analyst, and Test Manager examinations.
Where can I study from?
Our Test Management Tutorial can be used to help you with your CTAL (Advanced Level) study.
THANKS FOR YOUR PRECIOUS TIME
EPEDAGOGUE GLOBAL PVT LTD
PRAKASH CHAND THAPLIYAL